Tuesday, March 9, 2010

It's Simple!
Proverbs 22:3 is a verse, I've been thinking about this week. In the American Standard Version it says:
"A prudent man seeth the evil, and hideth himself; But the simple pass on, and suffer for it."
The word 'simple' is interesting to look up. I looked the word up in the New Brown-Driver Briggs Gesenius Hebrew and English Lexicon and it defined 'simple' as 'open-minded', open to instruction of wisdom or folly, believing every word. In Psalm 116:6 'simple' is used in a good sense.
1I love the Lord, because He has heard [and now hears] my voice and my supplications. 2Because He has inclined His ear to me, therefore will I call upon Him as long as I live. 3The cords and sorrows of death were around me, and the terrors of Sheol (the place of the dead) had laid hold of me; I suffered anguish and grief (trouble and sorrow). 4Then called I upon the name of the Lord: O Lord, I beseech You, save my life and deliver me! 5Gracious is the Lord, and [rigidly] righteous; yes, our God is merciful.
6The Lord preserves the simple; I was brought low, and He helped and saved me. (Amplified Version)
'Openmindedness' in our culture has been considered a good quality and that is especially lauded today, but it is often misused. Our 'openmindedness' should be to God not to the whims and philosophies of the world. We just don't allow just anything to run through our brains. We measure everything by the truth of the Word and it keeps us out of the soup.

2 comments:

  1. I love the K.I.S.S. philosophy, helps keep me in check...sometimes anyway :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! and I like the picture too, it says: Its simple!! Thanks God also for his grace.

    ReplyDelete