Saturday, January 7, 2012

True Election

Recently, I have come to the conclusion that my favorite news channel is not a trusted source of information that I thought it was. Call me naive if you want, I deserve it. We are in the flurry and scurry of the lead up to an election and I have never seen so much twisting and turning and political maneuverings as I have seen on all the news channels. The world can be quite vitriolic most of the time when it comes to power and control. It is absolutely cruel and it drives a very distorted view of leadership. This just at the nomination stage, it is just going to get worse and more ruthless.


This is just a small sampling of what Jesus Christ took on in his life and he took it all on - lies, twistings, attempts at manipulation and downright viciousness. In the book of John, Jesus Christ answers the Judeans that were questioning him:
If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not. But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him. (John 10:37-38)
What a great quality of humility. It is too bad most of the the 'talking heads' and politicians don't value this quality. Paul imitated this same quality when under fire from people who claimed he was weak when he said:
But he that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.For not he that commendeth himself is approved, but whom the Lord commendeth. (II Corinthians 10:17-18)
I definitely will vote in the coming election. I am thankful to live in this country and am thankful for its founding principles, but whether there is an elephant in the room or a donkey (where did they get these symbols?) I will vote for freedom of religion, a strong military, and financial stewardship. This nation will be blessed as each one of us does our part in believing, prayer and loving God. It is God that will care for us and we should never forget that and that is who we glory in.

No comments:

Post a Comment