Saturday, August 24, 2013

God's Word is So Simple, It is Not Rocket Science-It Doesn't have to Be!

God's Word is God! John 1:1 states this beautifully and simply!:
 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
If you go type in this verse in an internet search, this verse becomes one of the most complicated verses in the Bible.  It is incredibly discouraging to read man's multiple interpretations of this verse. Man is the culprit when it comes to complicating God's Word. Man has invented the 'contradictions' that some talk about. It causes so much division among Christians.

God is God- period! He created the heavens and the earth! Have you ever looked at things that God has made like the moon, the sun, trees, fish, humans and blue sky? It is amazing to consider the creation and how magnificent it is. Why would his Word be any different?

As I slowly worked through Genesis and now moving on into Exodus, it is even more apparent to me how faithful and loving God is. He hasn't changed. I've spent so much time in the New Testament for most of my life.  The context of the Word of God extends from Genesis to Revelation, so even though we live after the ascension of Jesus Christ and before his return, the Old Testament has meaning for us.

Context is very important. So often people take one verse and spin a whole theological doctrine out of it. I love context. The Word has context. Once we have the context, a  single verse will mean so much more.  Last night before I went to sleep, I read a verse in Colossians about how God has delivered us from the power of darkness and as I read the context around it, I thought of the children of Israel in Exodus and their rescue. It is not rocket science and I don't have to reinvent the wheel! It is gorgeous!



No comments:

Post a Comment