Saturday, September 28, 2013

So Where Did Adam and Eve Go to Church?

The huge puzzles with 350+ pieces are quite a challenge. My grandchildren are great at solving 24
piece puzzles by just spreading the pieces out on the floor and scanning for similar colors and shapes! They don't have to look at the box to see the picture of the finished puzzle! The large puzzles are different, one has to see the big picture to see where the pieces go.

The Word of God is similar to the larger puzzles. There is a panoramic big picture of God that is so necessary to keep in mind when focusing in on one small piece. Using the old proverbial saying that 'one can't see the forest for the trees', the trees represent various pet doctrines that people grab onto at the expense of the bigness of God. I have seen this over and over even with very educated theologians. For example, just pick a topic of something like the 'church' and see what differences of opinions exist on what the 'church' should be. So where did Adam and Eve go to church? If they didn't 'go to church' who taught them?

I loved my trek through Genesis.  I took a whole year and I barely scratched the surface! The things I did learn however really showed me a greater understanding of Romans and God's graceful heart. It showed me the whys of Corinthians and and the absolute necessity of the tough love of Galatians. God works in people's hearts if we let Him. We don't 'perform' for God, we love and trust Him. That is what He has wanted from the beginning. In Exodus, Moses is a huge player. God gave him  a job to do. He was to help Israel obtain the promises of God and get out from under the crushing bondage they were in. Moses showed them God's power because they had forgotten what he had promised their fathers.
11 And Moses said unto God, Who am I, that I should go unto Pharaoh, and that I should bring forth the children of Israel out of Egypt?  12 And he said, Certainly I will be with thee; and this shall be a token unto thee, that I have sent thee: When thou hast brought forth the people out of Egypt, ye shall serve God upon this mountain. 
13 And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them? 14 And God said unto Moses, I Am That I Am: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I Am hath sent me unto you. 15 And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, the Lord God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.  
16 Go, and gather the elders of Israel together, and say unto them, The Lord God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, of Isaac, and of Jacob, appeared unto me, saying, I have surely visited you, and seen that which is done to you in Egypt:17 And I have said, I will bring you up out of the affliction of Egypt unto the land of the Canaanites, and the Hittites, and the Amorites, and the Perizzites, and the Hivites, and the Jebusites, unto a land flowing with milk and honey. Exodus 3:11-17
What happened on the Day of Pentecost when the gift of holy spirit became available to anyone who believed, had the same heart behind it. Moses could talk to God because he had holy spirit upon him. On the day of pentecost the spirit was given to reside IN any heart that believes, not just upon certain individuals.
39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call. Act 2:39
Moses was a servant in the household of God, we have the grace to be sons (Hebrews 3:1-6). The burning bush is no longer outside of us but within our hearts. As sons we serve by bragging about our Father and that's when the 'church' becomes un-mistakenly visible.

No comments:

Post a Comment