Tuesday, April 1, 2014

It Helps To Know The God of The Universe When You Need To Walk Through The Red Sea

In Exodus 14, God's solution for the Israelites became the problem for the army of Pharaoh:
By faith they passed through the Red sea as by dry land: which the Egyptians assaying to do were drowned. Hebrews 11:29
Moses stretched out his hand and the waters parted miraculously and the Israelites crossed the Red Sea area on dry land.  It was a miracle. It was communication between God and his man that pulled this off.

Obviously God and Pharaoh had no such communication. In fact what was driving them at the time was summed up in Exodus 15:9:
The enemy said, I will pursue, I will overtake, I will divide the spoil; my lust shall be satisfied upon them; I will draw my sword, my hand shall destroy them.
After all the miracles and signs, Pharaoh refused God and continued on his own vendetta. It was his undoing for himself and those that followed him.

For Moses, his charge from God was to "go forward" (see last post) and God took care of them. Can you imagine all of them walking on the bed of the Red Sea, side-glancing up at the walls of water standing on either side of them. Do you think that maybe some of them if not most of them thought: 'When is all this going to come crashing down on us?' It is a very human thought! (How about Peter walking on water incident?) The walls of water didn't come crashing down on them, they got through to the other side! Good lesson for us today! Moses and the Red Sea was a big event, as was Peter walking on water, but the principle still applies to even life's littlest pressures. (How many 'Red Sea trips' do we rack up in a day?)

It is not surprising that Moses had a song to sing when they got to the other side.
The Lord is my strength and song, and he is become my salvation: he is my God, and I will prepare him an habitation; my father's God, and I will exalt him. Exodus 15:2



No comments:

Post a Comment