Thursday, January 1, 2015

God is Huge!

The older I get the more I realize that God is bigger than I could ever have imagined. We get just a glimpse of him as we live day to day soaking up grace. My mind is in awe of the solutions he comes up with when I am patient and trusting to wait on Him.

God committed himself to truth. He is the creator of the universe (if you doubt that, you need to check out the precision in the solar system, the magnificent construction of a tree, the intricacies of the human eye etc). He could have designed it any way He wanted and acted any way He wanted, but everything He created reveals His gracious heart, justice, and sovereignty, and free will choice.  His word is His will. If you want to know God's will for your life, the word of God will reveal what he provides.

I know that we have versions of translations and translations of versions and versions of versions; but God is bigger than all that. It becomes increasingly evident the closer one looks at His word.

At this time of the year a tree has no leaves, it is gray and spindly-looking, but deep inside its cells, it is preparing for the spring, summer and fall! A person just has to look deeper than the imperfections of the environmental flaws to really understand the incredible genius of a tree.

Likewise, the Bible is something to be looked at deeper than its black cover, gilded page edges, thin paper, double columns or even the January 2, 2015 article in a 'weakly' news magazine. God is bigger than any version and man's un-humble opining about God.

We can be so influenced by 'big' names in the world of religion and journalism. I have read oodles of articles and research regarding biblical issues. There are times it is really exciting to see another viewpoint because it may jostle some of my own bias or wrong teaching. But a big name does not make untruth truth nor truth untruth and most people have untruth in their 'isms'. The 'big' in big name is infinitely small compared to even the 'back parts' of God ( Exodus 33:23) .

We have to remember that our relationship with God is first individual. Moses asked to see God  and he saw His glory. That was a lot to take in. Today, the Word of God shows us God's heart. it is our 'burning bush' and 'clift of the rock' (Exodus 33:22). The gift of holy spirit is our radar.
13 Now therefore, I pray thee, if I have found grace in thy sight, shew me now thy way, that I may know thee, that I may find grace in thy sight: and consider that this nation is thy people. 14 And he said, My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest.(Exodus 33:13-14)
Amen! Happy New Year!




No comments:

Post a Comment