Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Why Division?

Recently I read an article regarding love and hate.  It was written by a blogger who is also a  journalist. The beginning of the article sounded great because it addressed the hate mongering and division that is going on all over social media. As I got deeper and deeper into the article, the goal of the article turned out hugely deceptive.  The article could not hide how the author really thinks and I was struck by his logic, deception and hate-mongering that he just quite couldn't hide.

There is a huge fight going on for the soul of America (actually it is nothing new). What has caused this dark divide in our culture? As I said, it has been going on for quite a while, and there are many manifestations now visible as people have made 'snark' the ultimate tool of what they call truth.

The question of what is at the bottom of all this divide actually is truth. There is truth and non-truth  and they are at odds with each other. There is only one body of truth and that lies at the feet of Almighty God, the creator of the universe.  God is love that is so simple and obvious when we just look around us and see the wonderful blessings that God has provided for us. I have mentioned this over and over in my blog maybe because it is an extension of my thankfulness for all God has done for us just in the creation alone.

My most recent excursion in this topic has been in to the realm of immunology. God has designed and given us such resources in how he designed the human body. Our immune system is just one of them. Even with the abuse that man puts the body through, there are layers and layers of built -in resources to help us out from external attack. It is amazing!!

The truth is God loves us.  He even gave his Son for the very purpose of lifting the guilt, shame and fear off our hearts so that we can live without being burdened down with oppressive mental weight. Guilt, shame and oppression are at the root of what divides us. How we feel about ourselves will determine how we love. Untruth believes in its own love. Therein lies the divide. God defines love, our works don't however wonderful they are.
Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not love, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not love, I am nothing.3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not love, it profiteth me nothing.
4 Love 
has a long fuse , and is kind; love envieth not; love vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.8 love never faileth: I Corinthians13:1-8a KJV modified
There is a reason why this thirteenth chapter in Corinthians is sandwiched between chapters twelve and fourteen Together they teach about the gift of holy spirit that we have and can utilize. The love of God is shed abroad in our hearts throughout our spirit and it is something that cannot be hidden from view when we let it shine. Allowing God to work in us changes us from noisy gongs to rich melodies resounding throughout our world.



No comments:

Post a Comment