Thursday, July 19, 2012

The Choreography of God or My Spiritual Fitness Pal

On my iphone, I have a great app called 'MyFitnessPal'. It is a data-driven diet program that counts calories for me. Since using the app, in two months, I have lost about 20 pounds and, actually, I have enjoyed it!  I type the name of things I eat and then it goes to work processing data and tells me a lot of things about what I eat on a given day. I have been amazed at the nutrient counts and the balance of fats, proteins and carbs that show up in the 'daily diary'.  I just love it when the program tells me I'm not eating enough! It is a very simple diet and it computes all the things I need to know to be successful.  I can see exactly the hidden content of the food I eat and enjoy the variety and richness in nutrients. It is so surprising how great good food is for you!
This week I got hooked on some great verses that have the greek word 'epichoregeo' translated to 
the King James Version as: minister to, having nourishment ministered to, add and related words like supply and give. It is amazing what has been supplied when God made Jesus Christ the head of His body.
Colossians 2:19 And not holding the Head, from which all the body by joints and bands having nourishment ministered (Link to Digging Deeper - epichoregeo, choregeo), and knit together, increaseth with the increase of God.
The word 'epichoregeo can be broken down into two parts.  First, the greek word 'epi' can mean 'upon' and 'coming from' or 'resting upon'. The next piece is the greek word 'choregeo'.
In E.W. Bullinger's A Critical Lexicon and Concordance To The English and Greek New Testament, 'choregeo' word means "to be a chorus leader, to lead a chorus of singers; then to lead out or furnish a chorus on public occasions; hence to furnish or supply." There are many valuable aspects that go into what is finally produced. How interesting!

Here's another verse:
II Corinthians 9:10-11 Now he that ministereth seed to (epichoregio) the sower both minister (choregio) bread for your food and multiply your seed sown and increase the fruits of your righteousness Being enriched in every thing to all bountifulness which causeth through us thanksgiving to God.
A seed contains all the potential for growth and not only growth, but also reproduction.  It is vivid analogy about the bountifulness of God. I think of all the multiple nutritional goodness embodied in just one little blueberry or a walnut. God has great lessons in everything He made! The greatest spiritual lesson of all comes from His plan for man through the ages and all that has been supplied to man through the life of Jesus Christ. It is a beautiful choreography of love!

No comments:

Post a Comment