Saturday, November 16, 2013

The Wonderful Perks of God!

There was a wonderful girl who used to meet with a bunch of us in college. Her name was Anne. We would get together to talk about the Bible and God.  One day she looked me straight in the eye and just kept saying over and over that God loves us. The way she said it penetrated every sinew of my heart.
If we are ever going to see the reality of how God works in our lives or the power that he imparts to us, it is His love that opens the door.
I John 4:19 We love Him, because He first loved us. (The NIV says: We love because He first loved us. Many older manuscripts omit the 'Him'. Either way it conveys truth.)
It is easy to see the ability of God, we only have to look around at this creation of His. It doesn't take much faith. It takes more to see that God is willing to do for each of us individually. It takes believing to see how gracious He is toward us. There is not one person who doesn't have access to God's love.

 Jesus Christ exemplified willingness. In Matthew 8:1-10, the willingness of God through the ministry of Jesus Christ is clear. In verse 2, the record shows a leper coming to Jesus and saying:
Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean. 
Jesus answered him:
I will. Be thou clean. (verse 3) 
(Nothing complicated here!)
If that wasn't enough, Matthew 8 goes on to record the request of the centurion interceding for his servant.  Jesus says:
I will come and heal him. (verse 7)
The centurion responded with:
Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldst come under my roof: but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed. (verse 8)
Jesus responded with:
Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel. (verse 10)
Just a word did it! That's the love of God!  In John 16:7, Jesus Christ said:
It is expedient for you that I go away...
Jesus Christ is alive and he has the authority of God to be the head of the body of Christ today. Because of his death, resurrection, and ascension, the spirit was poured out upon man. Spirit transcends distance. I'm thankful for Anne, I've lost track of her but I continue to thank God for her and pray for her and that goes the distance.


No comments:

Post a Comment