Monday, October 27, 2014

Brought Forth

In reading through Leviticus with all its detail of the offerings sacrifices, and feasts, it is certainly clear that God has made himself known to man as to what he expects and how his will is laid out. Much of what is recorded in Leviticus is for man's focus, remembrance and and an unveiling of what is future. For all that God has done, continues to do, and will continue to do, man is to revere the creator.

God brought his people out of bondage, to be holy, not as bondmen but God's own servants. He said over and over that He is the Lord and He was to be their God just as he had said to their forefathers. He gave them a new land to be an example to all. The reminders are all through Leviticus.
45 For I am the Lord that bringeth you up out of the land of Egypt, to be your God: ye shall therefore be holy, for I am holy. Leviticus 11:45
36 Just balances, just weights, a just ephah, and a just hin, shall ye have: I am the Lord your God, which brought you out of the land of Egypt.37 Therefore shall ye observe all my statutes, and all my judgments, and do them: I am the Lord.
Leviticus 19:36-37
31 Therefore shall ye keep my commandments, and do them: I am the Lord. 32 Neither shall ye profane my holy name; but I will be hallowed among the children of Israel: I am theLord which hallow you, 33 That brought you out of the land of Egypt, to be your God: I am the Lord. Leviticus 22:31-33
43 That your generations may know that I made the children of Israel to dwell in booths, when I brought them out of the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God. Leviticus 23:43 
38 I am the Lord your God, which brought you forth out of the land of Egypt, to give you the land of Canaan, and to be your God. Leviticus 25:38

42 For they are my servants, which I brought forth out of the land of Egypt: they shall not be sold as bondmen. Leviticus 25:42

55 For unto me the children of Israel are servants; they are my servants whom I brought forth out of the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God. Leviticus 25:55

13 I am the Lord your God, which brought you forth out of the land of Egypt, that ye should not be their bondmen; and I have broken the bands of your yoke, and made you go upright. Leviticus 26:13
45 But I will for their sakes remember the covenant of their ancestors, whom I brought forth out of the land of Egypt in the sight of the heathen, that I might be their God: I am the Lord. Leviticus 26:45
This is a good lesson for us today. God hasn't changed, except now we can enjoy the privileges of as sons of God. We are not to profane his name by bringing things down to a human level but recognize we are being brought up and out of the weights, burdens and injustice of the world by God. So instead of looking down, we look up and focus on God!

Challenges swirl and mix around at us at an amazing moment to moment rate. I saw this so simply again this past week.  News and current affairs have a profound effect on us even when we may be unaware of its effects. The internet brings us instant access to all sorts of information. A phone call, a magazine, or a conversation can all  effect our thinking.  However, when we are immersed in the Word, prayer and thankfulness, the negatives bounce off of us. The joy and utter peace of a relationship with the Father sterilizes our atmosphere. Light dispels and overcomes darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment