Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Reminder To Self

This morning my radio/alarm went off very early. Normally I wake up on my own, but I had to do
something early so I wanted to make sure I was up on time. The first five minutes of my morning was filled with the relentless chatter of complaining, grumbling and whining about events in our country on the radio. So I got up and turned it off and walked to the kitchen and what was going on in my head? Grumbling and complaining! Go figure! Whoa! Praying is much more advantageous! As soon as I stopped thinking about what was on the radio, my brain was cascaded with a whole bunch of things to be thankful for!

We don't live in the age of the people of Leviticus and the sacred reminders of God through the tabernacle, offerings, sacrifices and laws. We live in the days of the spirit, but taking a lesson from the Old Testament, it doesn't hurt to put up reminders of God's great goodness in our lives. We don't even have to strain at this because the holy spirit in our hearts can bring things to mind if we tune in to that channel.

There are many things going on in our country today and it is election time, so there is a lot of grumbling, negatives and aggravating political calls.  So why not put a reminder on the phone and TV that says 'Pray for our country'. I know that when the people in Exodus turned and prayed to God they got answers. Complaining didn't get them very far and it delayed their entry to the promised land.


No comments:

Post a Comment